Our real estate practice includes both legal services for buyers and sellers in residential real estate transactions and litigation services.
1. Litigation services
Our wide ranging client base consisting of commercial developers, property investors, public bodies, local authorities, leisure and retail operators as well as land owners means that we have a comprehensive understanding across all sectors and a thorough grasp of the changing real estate market.
We advise on the full range of real estate litigation issues, including:
- commercial landlord and tenant disputes
- development disputes
- land and property disputes
- residential landlord and tenant
- professional negligence claims against property advisers.
2. Real estate transactions
Our attorneys offer a variety of legal services at extremely competitive flat fee rates for buyers and sellers in residential real estate transactions. If you are selling or buying a home in France, we have experienced lawyers available to assist you.
Our services include:
- Reviewing and outlining the real estate transaction process
- Reviewing any listing or agency agreements
- Drafting and reviewing real estate condition reports
- Drafting and reviewing residential offers to purchase and counter offers
- Assisting buyers and sellers through the property inspection and financing contingencies
- Working with title insurance companies and reviewing title insurance commitments
- Checking the settlement statement figures with you prior to closing
- Advising you at closing.
In addition to those services, our lawyers are available to answer all of your questions that arise during the course of your sale or purchase.
Moreover, in accordance with the possibilities offered by the lawyer's code of ethics, Lafourcade Avocats is authorised, as a secondary profession, to act as an agent in real-estate transactions.
This activity allows us to assist in negotiating the sale or purchase of real estate, exclusively on behalf of either the seller or the purchaser, in addition to the legal and tax services we provide.
Similarly, we can also intervene in the rental sector, on behalf of either landlords or tenants.
Our remuneration in this sector complies with the provisions of our code of ethics (see Article P.6.2.04 of the Internal Rules of the Paris Bar & Appendix XV).
The Bordeaux office is regularly involved in Bordeaux Chateaux Transactions.